BACON WRAPPED CHICKEN BITES; ONE OF THE BEST RECIPES AMONG CHICKEN APPETIZERS
Try these bacon wrapped chicken bites, and you will immediately get addicted to it. You will not even want to share it with others. They are so tasty and appetizing. The chicken pieces seasoned and wrapped in bacon can be perfect as an appetizer.
You may think that I am overestimating their flavor, but not actually. This is the truth. Try just one time, and you will also be convinced of it. Just imagine; fabulously seasoned chicken pieces, wrapped in awesome bacon, rolled in brown sugar, and baked to a golden brown. Isn’t this what we call perfection? I think, yes.
You cannot but help you uttering the “oh, so yummy” sentence over and over again. This recipe is what you need to start a positive and fantastic day. It’s one of the most glorious among all the appetizers. You will always eat them with enjoyment because they are so flavorful. They are salty from the bacon, sweet from sugar, and spicy from seasonings. I am just surprised by how many flavors they have!
They are very convenient and bite-sized. When I serve the chicken bites during our family dinner time as an appetizer, my family members won’t let it remain on the table even for some minutes. And when I am leaving the table just for a moment, return and get nothing on the serving tray, I just see their faces with a naughty smile on them and a “thank you” coming from their lips.
Ingredients for the appetizer
Coming back to the recipe, I am again astonished by how a few items can make something so delicious. Yes, the recipe is very simple, and you just need a few ingredients to make this bacon-wrapped chicken bites a reality.
Here is what you will need to prepare this succulent appetizer.
Chicken – Chicken is among the main ingredients of this recipe. You can use chicken breasts, chicken tights, or even chicken tender to make this appetizer. The important thing is that they must be skinless and boneless.
Bacon – Bacon is what we use to wrap the chicken pieces. Don’t grudge money on this ingredient, as it’s among the most important things which will make your appetizer astonishing. Buy some nice thick-cut slices of bacon for the recipe.
Salt – Be sure not to overuse the salt as the bacon is salty already
Pepper –What refers to the pepper, you can overuse it. Oh no, I am just joking. But you can sprinkle more pepper comparing to salt. You can choose fresh cracked pepper for this purpose.
Brown sugar – Dark brown sugar works great for this recipe, but this does not mean that you cannot substitute it with other kinds of sugar. Regular brown sugar is also possible. Whatever type of sugar you have in your kitchen will not harm the recipe.
Parsley – Parsley is optional. It’s just for decorating the meal. I like it when my dishes not only have a fantastic taste but also look wonderful. But it’s up to you to decide whether to sprinkle it on the bites or skip this ingredient.
How To Make Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
Now let’s pass on the preparation process and see how to make this mouth-watering appetizer step by step.
So, first of all, you need to preheat the oven and the baking sheets simultaneously. If you don’t want to end up your day washing the baking sheets for hours, I recommend you use foil to cover the baking sheet with it.
When you finish this, take the chicken and use a sharp kitchen knife to cut it into small pieces. Then sprinkle salt and pepper on them. Then take the bacon and wrap the chicken pieces in it. When you wrap it, cut them in halves or thirds. Make sure that the chicken pieces don’t come out and are covered wholly with bacon.
Finally, you can bake them. But before transferring it into the oven, roll the chicken and bacon piece through brown sugar and put them on the baking sheet. Sprinkle more salt and pepper and put the baking sheet into the oven. It is usually baked after 40 to 50 minutes, or you can check whether it’s baked or not according to its color. When the bacon is crispy enough and looks nice, take out the oven and decorate the bites with parsley.
It’s high time to enjoy your chicken bites!
Tips on Making the Best Bacon Wrapped Chicken Pieces
But I also have some tips to share with you if you like perfection and want to make your appetizer more inviting and delicious. So, the first tip is about wrapping the chicken pieces into the slices of bacon. What may interest here you is that how we can wrap them to make sure that they remain wrapped?
Well, to make sure that slices of bacon will not get unwrapped during the time they are in the oven, let the piece of it overlap a little bit while wrapping each of the chicken pieces. This will save your slices of bacon from being destroyed even when you eat it.
You don’t even need some toothpicks for the bites, as the bacon will perfectly stick to the chicken pieces.
Another thing that can help your bacon-wrapped chicken pieces look wonderful is their color. The browner they look, the more inviting they will be. So, to make this happen, you can broil the pieces during the last 5 minutes of baking. This works great!
And the biggest question of the cooking process. What to do with leftovers? I am somehow sure that these bites are so addictive that there will not be any leftovers to worry about. But everything can happen. That’s why I assure you that it’s possible to store your bacon-wrapped chicken pieces when you don’t want to eat all of them straight after cooking.
Use an airtight container or freezer bag to keep them in the refrigerator. But don’t store the bites for too long. They last no more than 4 days when already baked. When you want to eat them, reheat in the oven for 10 minutes or until they are warm enough.
You can also store the uncooked pieces and bake them later. You can keep them in the freezer for 1-3 months. Then bake them whenever you want.
These are the most important tips following which you will get the yummiest appetizer ever. Take the recipe and enjoy it!
RECIPE FOR OVEN BAKED BACON WRAPPED CHICKEN PIECES
The most delicious and succulent appetizer for your table. A few ingredients and you can make these wonderful dishes a reality. Enjoy it with your friends and family members.
1) Chicken (skinless, boneless, cut into cubes) – tights, breasts, or tenders. All of these three will work greatly – 2-3 pounds
2) Bacon (sliced) – 16-ounce (thick cut or regular)
3) Salt – to taste
4) Pepper – to taste
5) Brown sugar – ½ cup
6) Parsley (optional) – for decorating the appetizer
7) Any other seasonings or spices you like to add, such as chili powder, oregano, thyme, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, etc.
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Take a baking pan and line a piece of foil with it. Use the cooking spray to lightly grease it with oil.
2) Use a large and sharp kitchen knife to cut the chicken into cubes. Then take a large mixing bowl and put the chicken pieces into it.
3) Then sprinkle salt, pepper, and other seasonings you want to use (thyme, oregano, chili powder, etc.). Let the chicken pieces rest for a while. You can prepare the chicken pieces a day before cooking it to make them more flavorful.
4) In a small bowl, pour the brown sugar.
5) Take the bacon slices and cut them carefully in halves or in thirds.
6) Wrap each piece of chicken in a piece of bacon tightly. Then dip each piece into the brown sugar. If your bites don’t get stick in any way, use toothpicks as a last chance. Arrange the bacon-wrapped chicken pieces on a baking pan in a single layer. Put them in the oven and let them be baked.
7) Bake them for 40 to 50 minutes. Be sure that the chicken is cooked enough, and bacon is brown and crispy enough, after which only take out the baking pan from the oven.
8) Serve hot!
1) You can store the leftovers for 4 days. For that purpose, put them into an airtight container or freezer bag and put it in the refrigerator. Preheat for 10-20 minutes before eating.
2) You can also store the uncooked already bacon-wrapped chicken pieces in the freezer. They can be kept there for 4 months.
Here is also the nutritional information for this recipe; however, this can be different depending on what kind of ingredients you choose for cooking this appetizer.
Calories: 281kcal (14%)
Carbohydrates: 20g (7%)
Protein: 16g (32%)
Fat: 14g (22%)
Saturated Fat: 4g (25%)
Cholesterol: 58mg (19%)
Sodium: 435mg (19%)
Potassium: 302mg (9%)
Sugar: 20g (22%)
Vitamin A: 70IU (1%)
Vitamin C: 1.3mg (2%)
Calcium: 22mg (2%)
Iron: 0.5mg (3%)