BEST RECIPE FOR DELICIOUS PIZZA ROLLS
This recipe for pizza rolls is just awesome. It is really worth your time and effort, though it will not take too much time from you. Moreover, you don’t need too many ingredients to make it. It is all about some pepperoni, mozzarella, sauce, and a little bit seasonings or spices. Give it a try, and it will become one of your, and why not, your family members’ favorites.
And the making process is extremely easy; just roll up the ingredients in pizza dough and bake it. We adore it in our family. After trying these pizza rolls made by me, my friends also became a fan of it.
It is fascinatingly delicious when you brush it with garlic and butter mixture and dip in the sauce. Yeah, these pizza rolls are surely crowd-pleaser!
WHY CHOOSE PIZZA ROLLS?
I can convince you that they are a fantastic alternative for everyday pizzas. If you are tired of serving the most usual classic pizzas and want to discover some new ways of making it, then this is what it is all about.
To be honest, I must confess that it did not turn out well when I tried to make them for the first time. The problem was that when I was trying to cut it, the rolls were falling apart. I will not call the second try a definite success, but for the third one, I performed great progress. They smelled perfect. And I cannot describe in words how delicious they were.
As I have already mentioned, the baking process is quite easy, and it requires such kind of ingredients that are handy. So, you don’t need to spare most of your time in the supermarket and come home tired without a desire to bake them.
WHAT OTHER INGREDIENTS YOU CAN USE
Along with cheese, pepperoni, butter, garlic, and sauce, you are free to decide what other toppings you want to add on the rolls. It can be some seasonings or some other kinds of cheese… you name it. This recipe for pizza rolls has endless possibilities for toppings.
WHAT ABOUT PIZZA DOUGH?
So, when you start making this recipe, the first thing that may come to your mind is what kind of dough you must choose to bake these pizza rolls. I will recommend you to make the dough yourself and use that homemade dough for this recipe. If you think about time, then you can do such a trick. Make several pizza doughs at once, keep them in the refrigerator and then use them to bake this pizza rolls whenever you want.
But if now you are thinking of giving up the idea to make these rolls, because you must use homemade pizza dough, don’t hurry. It’s not a must at all, you can buy some doughs, they can work great too. Just make sure that the doughs, you are going to buy, are super soft and quite thin. It’s difficult to get good results when you are using a thick one, but if you are sure you can handle it, that’s great, then you can also use thick ones.
HOW TO MAKE THE PIZZA ROLLS
This is a surprisingly simple process. Furthermore, if you have ever made other kinds of rolls than you must know the main principle of making them. The same is with pizza rolls.
But here are some tricks that you may not know, and following them, your results will be much better. So, let’s start describing the process.
First of all, roll out the pizza dough and make dents on it with your fingers. Then brush it with olive oil. You may wonder why? Quite a good question! And here is the explanation; the dents, that you make with your fingers on pizza dough, prevent your dough from getting bubbles. And what refers to olive oil, it prevents your dough from becoming soggy.
When you finish this, it’s time to fill your pizza dough with the pizza ingredients you have prepared. So, spread the sauce on its surface, then sprinkle the shredded cheese, arrange the pepperoni pieces. Work your imagination to add some other toppings you want. Olives, sliced pepper or onions can also work great in this case.
Are you sure you have added all the toppings? If yes, then it’s time to roll up the dough. Be careful not to harm it so that the ingredients don’t pour out of the rolls. After rolling up the dough, let it chill for 25-30 minutes. This step is also very crucial. Chilling the pizza rolls will prevent them from falling apart when you want to cut them. When the pizza roll is frozen enough, cut them in pieces and straight to the oven!
You can also add some spices or even shredded cheese on the rolls, before transferring them to the oven. You can add some ingredients even when it is already partially baked.
And, now we have finished with the baking process. It’s time to enjoy your crunchy and mouth-watering rolls. Be careful not to get addicted as they are very inviting, and you cannot end up just by eating one.
If you want some other recipes for a healthy snack, you can enjoy these No-Bake Energy Bites, Even Roasted Chickpeas, and the Baked Kale Chips. All of them are quite easy to make, and they require a few ingredients. You won’t regret it.
Pizza rolls can be a perfect party snack; they can be great for both as an appetizer and a main course. The recipe is quite flexible, so you will enjoy not only the eating process but also the baking process. You don’t have to think about getting this or that ingredient as they are quite handy, and you can find them easily in the local supermarkets.
So, here is the recipe for these pizza rolls following which you can make more than 20 rolls.
One of the main advantages of this recipe is that there are just 4-5 ingredients. And they are the basic ingredients you need for pizza. However, besides them, you are free to add whatever you want. Here are the main ingredients:
- Homemade (recommended) or Store-bought Pizza doughs – 2 doughs
- Shredded cheese (you can decide what kind of cheese you want to add, I prefer, for example, mozzarella cheese) – 4 cups (2 for each dough)
- Pepperoni (slice it in circular pieces) – 2 cups (one for each dough)
- Butter (melted) – 2 tablespoons
- Garlic Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Marinara Sauce (or any kind of it, this is optional) – Use this for dipping the rolls and spreading on the pizza dough.
- Another kind of cheese – This is also optional. You can skip it if you think one kind of cheese is enough.
- Olive oil
- Seasonings, spices – Here you are free to choose whatever you want.
- These are all the ingredients; however, some olives, onions, and sliced pepper are also welcomed. Let’s jump to the baking process.
- Make the pizza doughs or use the bought doughs. Take one of them and roll out in a lightly floured table and make a large rectangle from it.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Use your fingers to make the dents on the surface of the pizza dough to prevent it from getting bubbles. Brush it with olive oil to prevent from getting soggy.
- Take the sauce and spread it on the surface of the dough. Then spread the shredded cheese and arrange the pepperoni. Add the other toppings and seasonings you have prepared.
- Take the rolled doughs and start rolling up to them very carefully and tightly. Then put them on the baking sheet and chill in the refrigerator for half an hour. This prevents them from falling apart when you cut the rolls.
- Then cut the rolls and place them on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- It’s time to make the butter and garlic mixture. Take a mixing bowl and combine there garlic powder, butter, and seasonings you have prepared. Then take this mixture and brush it on the already sliced rolls.
- Take the baking sheet and transfer it into the oven. Let it bake for 10 minutes. When the surface of the rolls becomes slightly brown, take out the baking sheet and add the remaining cheese if you want.
- Again return it into the oven and bake for another 10 minutes. When both tops of the rolls become brown, take out from the oven and let it chill for 5 minutes. Finally, you can serve it with extra sauce to dip the rolls in or add some other seasonings on the top of the rolls.
If you want to make this recipe ahead of time, then make the rolls in a way I have already described in the Baking Process section. Freeze them in the fridge after covering them tightly with plastic wraps. But don’t leave them too long in the refrigerator. You had better bake the rolls the next day.
Finally, we have finished! This is all about these tasty and fascinating pizza rolls. Enjoy your appetizing snack with your family members and friends. I hope you will succeed in baking them correctly!
See you soon with new stunning and delicious recipes.